- 5 Bell Peppers
- One cup uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of regular sliced white button mushrooms
- about 1/2-1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus some to sprinkle on top of peppers before cooking.
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- small sprinkle of cayenne (to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
Cook the brown rice according to directions. Heat oven to 350. Halve the bell peppers and remove the white pithy insides. Halve the cherry tomatoes and slice the mushrooms into smaller pieces. After the rice has cooked, mix all ingredients in a bowl, then pack into the bell peppers. Sprinkle with lime juice before cooking for 40 minutes, or until bell peppers are tender.